al%20Garden%203.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; -->

Monday 29 August 2011

Using Scraps Cat food Wappings

Every week I have cardboard coming out of my bin to be recycled, so I'm going to show you how I use some of it.
This is my cat,(Major's) contribution with his food boxes...

Using Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint (Tattered Rose) I painted the shapes, putting a thicker layer on where I wanted bigger cracks, and a thinner layer on where I wanted the back ground to show a little.

I then aged the whole thing with a Distressed ink (Vintage Photo )lightly and wiped it back with a paper towel to show the cracks a little more.


I darkened down the edges to bring age and more depth to the shapes.


To finish the edges I use a brown copic maker.


Thanks Maj!



No comments: